Slavic Village is an active, vibrant community benefiting from connectedness, opportunity, and belonging.
A big part of ensuring Slavic Village remains a thriving, diverse neighborhood throughout the 21st century, centers on our healthy and active living based development strategy!
Active living opportunities currently do abound in Slavic Village. From parks and recreation centers like the Boys and Girls Club, to the Morgana Run Trail (formerly a decommissioned freight train line) – to our plethora of green spaces and neighborhood parks – the Slavic Village community offers fun and healthy activities for both children and adults of all ages! Check some of them out below!
- Cleveland Velodrome! Be sure to visit and ride the only Olympic-grade cycling track in the region! Don’t be intimidated – there are beginner level classes open to riders of all ages! You can also follow the Velodrome on facebook here!
- Morgana Run Trail! Completed in 2007, the trail runs along a former rail corridor through Slavic Village. The trail begins on E. 49th Street just north of Fleet Ave and terminates near the Garfield MetroParks Reservation. The trail ends on the south at the tallest waterfall in Cuyahoga County at Mill Creek where it meets the trail to Garfield Reservation. Click here for other details per the City of Cleveland.
- Washington Park MetroGolf Course! Washington Golf Course is the highlight of Cleveland Metroparks Washington Reservation in the cities of Newburgh Heights and Cleveland. The beautiful 9-hole, par 29 golf course and 30-station driving range was designed by Brit Stenson of International Marketing Group (IMG) located in Cleveland.
- Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail! This multi-purpose trail was developed by the National Park Service and is the major trail through Cuyahoga Valley National Park. From it you can make connections to many of the natural and historic sites in the park, and other intersecting trails. The trail is constantly being lengthened with final connections to downtown Cleveland!
- Stella Walsh Recreation Center! Free and open to the public, this facility offers indoor swimming, light gym, and free Zumba classes among other thing! Check their schedule for more seasonal activities!
- Summer events! Skaters – be sure to compete at the Annual Game of S.K.A.T.E. hosted by the Public Square Group!
- Stefanksi Field! Cleveland Central Catholic’s primary athletic field is open to the public (provided no programming is going on)! Stop by for a walk or jog today!